2" Eyepiece and Filter Kit
- This Celestron 2" Eyepiece and Filter Kit includes all the accessories you need to start using 2" eyepieces on your Schmidt-Cassegrain or refractor telescope
- You" ll get a 2" Mirror Diagonal, three E-Lux 2" eyepieces, a 2" 2X Barlow Lens, five colored filters to improve observations of the planets, and a foam-fitted aluminum carry case
- The 2" 90° Mirror Diagonal accepts 2" eyepieces, and attaches to the rear cell of SCT" s." An adapter is included for use with refractor telescopes.
- Celestron E-Lux eyepieces are a 3-element, fully multi-coated design." You" ll get a 26 mm, a 32 mm, and a 40 mm, for a great choice of magnification and field of view." Multiply your options by 2X when you use your 2" eyepieces with the included 2X Barlow.
- The most popular planetary filters are included in this kit." They are threaded to attach to most any 2" eyepiece or accessory." "
Get more light to your eye and enjoy the low power, wide field views of 2â€ eyepieces with the Celestron 2â€ Eyepiece & Filter Kit. Itâ€™s a great way to expand the functionality and enjoyment of your telescope. As long as you have a Schmidt-Cassegrain or a refractor that sports a 2â€ focuser, youâ€™re good to go. Newtonian owners can use everything except the 2â€ Mirror Diagonal (unnecessary with a Newtonian reflector), as long as the focuser accepts 2â€ accessories.
Inside the metal, foam-lined carry case youâ€™ll find these accessories:
- 90Âº Mirror Diagonal - 2â€ to SCT
- Diagonal Adapter for Refractors - 2â€
- 26 mm E-Lux Eyepiece - 2â€
- 32 mm E-Lux Eyepiece - 2â€
- 40 mm E-Lux Eyepiece - 2â€
- 2X Barlow Lens - 2â€
- #80A Blue Filter - 2â€
- #58 Green Filter - 2â€
- #25 Red Filter - 2â€
- #21 Orange Filter - 2â€
- #12 Deep Yellow Filter - 2â€
Eyepieces - All three Celestron E-Lux eyepieces can be used in any telescope with a 2â€ focuser. Each eyepiece features a three-element design with a 56Âº apparent field of view (40 mm has a 50Âº field of view). The optics are fully multi-coated to improve light transmission and protect the optics. The 40 mm E-Lux eyepiece offers the lowest power option, for those times when you need all the light-gathering your telescope can offer to see faint deep-sky objects. The 26 mm & 32 mm focal lengths provide a bit more magnification. Experiment on your favorite objects to see which you like best.
2X Barlow Lens - The included, and very versatile 2X Barlow doubles the magnification of any 2â€ eyepiece, or, you can drop in a 2â€ to 1.25â€ adapter (not included), and use your 1.25â€ eyepieces in it as well. Since this kit includes three 2â€ eyepieces, you will be able to use them with and without the Barlow, giving you a total of six magnification options in all. Get the benefit of a 2â€ barrel with the magnification normally reserved for 1.25â€ eyepieces. The 40 mm will magnify like a 20 mm, the 32 mm like a 16 mm, and the 26 mm will do the work of a 13 mm.
Filters - Colored filters bring out details on a planetâ€™s surface or its cloud structure. All of the planetary filters included in the Eyepiece & Accessory Kit can be used on any 2â€ eyepiece or accessory with the proper filter threads, so they are very versatile. Just screw one onto your eyepiece of choice and slide it into the focuser.
Metal Case: The sturdy metal carry case has die-cut foam inside to protect and cushion your accessories. Keep each one in its appointed place when not in use and youâ€™ll keep them looking and performing like new.