Camera Adapter for Sony Mirrorless, RASA 8
- Connect your Sony mirrorless camera to the 8” RASA with one simple solution—no other adapters required.
- Places the camera sensors at the proper backfocus distance for the 8” RASA for pinpoint stars across the entire field of view.
- Uses the camera’s bayonet mount for a secure connection that won’t rotate once installed.
- Made of machined aluminum with black anodized finish.
- Compatible with Sony α5 and α6 E-mount models.
- Support & Downloads
Mirrorless cameras are spreading like wildfire in the astroimaging community—and for good reason. When paired with Celestron’s groundbreaking 8” Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA), you can achieve spectacular deep-sky astronomical images.
So what makes a mirrorless camera the perfect match for RASA? First, the compact camera body provides minimal obstruction when placed on the front of the RASA optical tube. Second, the sensitive imaging chip helps capture every bit of stunning detail that the RASA optical brings in.
If you’d like to use your Sony mirrorless camera with the 8” RASA, this adapter is a must-have accessory. Using the camera’s integrated bayonet mount, it attaches securely to the front of RASA. What’s more, this adapter places the camera’s sensor at the precise backfocus distance for optimal image sharpness.
Support & Downloads