EclipSmart Travel Solar Scope 50
- 50 mm fully coated glass optics give a nice crisp focus to see sunspot groups
- Full aperture ISO compliant glass solar filters our permanently mounted glass filters have been independently tested to meet ISO standards for safe direct viewing of the sun. The filters are permanently attached and cannot be accidentally removed while observing
- Solar safe finderscope allows you to easily align the solar scope to the sun without directly viewing the sun. Just line up the shadow of the pointer with the center of the target reticle and the sun should appear in your eyepiece
- Photo-style alt-azimuth mount & tripod allows easy adjust and aiming of the telescope while offering great stability. The solar scope can point straight overhead without interference
- 20 mm Kellner (1.25') eyepiece offers 18x magnification for a good image scale while offering a wide field if view to make it easier to track the sun's apparent motion
- Includes lightweight and convenient backpack holds and protects your travel solar scope, tripod and all of the accessories, making it easy to carry to remote observing sites
Dedicated white-light solar scope for the observer on the go. The 50mm refracting solar scope uses Celestron’s Solar Safe, ISO compliant, full-aperture glass filter material to ensure the safest view of solar events. The kit comes complete with everything you need, including the dedicated travel solar scope, a Solar Safe finderscope, tripod, a high quality 20mm (18x) Kellner eyepiece and a nylon backpack to carry everything in. This Travel Solar Scope makes it easy to share the Sun as well as partial and total solar eclipses with the whole family and offers much higher magnifications than you would otherwise get using handheld solar viewers or binoculars.
Solar Safe Technology
EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology providing the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation, including both IR and UV light, and filters 99.999% of visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct solar observation and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and, AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.