NexImage 5 Solar System Imager (5MP)
- Support & Downloads
Celestron offers a wide array of high-quality, affordable, and user-friendly planetary imagers! Click here to learn more on how to choose an imager thatâ€™s right for you.
Capture high-resolution planetary, lunar and solar images with almost any telescope with the NexImage 5 Solar System Imager. Combined with the included software package, NexImage 5 brings out tremendous detail and produces images rivaling those taken with astronomical cameras costing hundreds more.
Simply point your telescope at the Moon or a planet and record a quick video. The included software analyzes each frame of video, throws away the fuzzy ones, and perfectly aligns the remaining images. The result is a bright, clear image with the maximum amount of color and detail. NexImage 5 is a great way to get started with astroimaging, especially if you live in a light-polluted area. If you can see the planet the sky, you can image it with NexImage 5!
- 5 Mega pixel color sensor with MicronÂ® DigitalClarityÂ® technology to dramatically reduce image noise levels
- Small pixel sizes provide sub arc-second planetary detail with most telescopes
- View and capture live video on your computer
- Software automatically filters out video frames most affected by poor atmospheric conditions, leaving only the sharpest, clearest frames to be stacked and aligned into one high-quality image
- Camera control software allows you to manually change the gain, contrast, exposure time, frame rate and color saturation using your PC
- Selectable â€œregion of interestâ€ sub-framing
- Machined aluminum 1.25" adapter barrel with C-threads for direct threaded connection to almost any telescope
- Can be used with standard 1.25â€ eyepiece filters
- Integrated IR-cut optical window
- 2x2 and 4x4 binning capability in color
- Progressive scan
- Includes USB 2.0 cable
Support & Downloads