NexYZ 3-Axis Universal Smartphone Adapter
- A complete digiscoping solution: NexYZ connects your smartphone to almost any eyepiece
- NexYZ’s patented design works with telescopes (with most 1.25” or 2” eyepieces), spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars, and microscopes (with the included adapter rings).
- Works with virtually all smartphone models, including the latest devices from Apple, Samsung, and Google.
- Features three directional knobs (X-, Y-, and Z-axis) that perfectly align your phone’s camera with the eyepiece in seconds. In addition, you can make tension adjustments to keep the phone firmly in place.
- Stands up to rigorous field use thanks to its robust, durable construction with a metal frame and polymer body.
- Support & Downloads
The NexYZ 3-Axis Universal Smartphone Adapter is a great first step into the world of astroimaging or digiscoping. The NexYZ provides you everything you need to capture sharp, detailed images and video.
Patented NexYZ Smartphone Adapter
NexYZ fits any eyepiece from 35mm to 60mm in diameter, including telescopes equipped with 1.25” or 2” eyepieces, spotting scopes, monoculars, and binoculars. It also attaches to microscopes with the addition of an included adapter ring, which takes the usable diameter down to 25mm, the size of a standard microscope eyepiece.
NexYZ accommodates a wide range of smartphones including the larger “phablets” like the iPhone 11 Plus and latest Samsung Galaxy devices. The phone platform is fully adjustable and can fit any device—usually with the case still on. The secure platform stands up to the weight of these heavier devices with ease, thanks to NexYZ’s strong metal spring and threaded twist lock. Should you need to tighten the tension on each axis for a customized secure connection, click the Support & Downloads tab to read our NexYZ Tension Adjustment Guide.
Easy as X-Y-Z
What makes NexYZ’s patented design different from other smartphone adapters? The three-axis adjustment. Most adapters rely on you placing your phone perfectly on the platform and only offer limited adjustment in two axes. But NexYZ gives you the power to place your phone on the platform, center it over the eyepiece with the X and Y knobs, and then move up or down over the eyepiece until you have the entire field of view in your shot.
And even though this adjustment is ultra-precise, it’s still quicker and easier to use than other adapters. From start to finish, the process only takes about 30 seconds, including the time it takes to insert the phone into NexYZ, attach NexYZ to an eyepiece, start the camera app, and center the camera over the eyepiece using the knobs.
Switching phones, eyepieces, or optical instruments, requires only slight adjustments to re-center the camera over the new eyepiece. If multiple people want to capture a shot through your optic, NexYZ’s simple spring-loaded clamps make it easy to remove one device and replace it with another in seconds. NexYZ is the ideal solution for star parties and group bird walks where everyone wants their own shot of the action.
You can also switch your image from portrait to landscape simply by turning the padded eyepiece clamp and readjusting the X-, Y-, and Z-axis to realign your phone with the eyepiece.
NOTE: NexYZ is compatible with telescopes, spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars, and microscopes. It does not fit riflescopes. NexYZ works with most phone cases, but if you have an especially large phone case with built-in batteries or a folio-style case, you will need to remove it.
Praise for NexYZ
“Unlike other adapters, the NexYZ features three directional knobs (X, Y and Z axes) that perfectly align your phone’s camera with the scope eyepiece in seconds. In addition, you can make tension adjustments to keep the phone firmly in place and, rather pleasingly, the clamp system allows the phone to be positioned to capture images in landscape mode as opposed to portrait, which is so often the hallmark of most smartphone images.” – from Expert Reviews, Birdwatch magazine, November 2018
“Fitting the phone to the adapter is simple and quick, and the phone is held securely in place – no need to worry about it dropping out as you move around. You then adjust the phone’s position using the X and Y axis knobs – this too is easy and relatively quick. Finally, the Z axis knob enables you to lower or raise the phone to eliminate vignetting.” – Matt Merritt, “Unlock your phone’s potential,” Gear Reviews, Birdwatching magazine, August 2018
Smartphone Adapter Instructions
- Connect The Adapter
- For Telescopes, Binoculars, and Spotting Scopes
Squeeze the lever to open the clamp. Position the clamp around the eyepiece and release. Tighten the safety lock.
- For Microscopes
Choose one of the two provided adapter rings that best fits your microscope" s eyepiece and secure it in place. (You may need to remove the eyepiece from the microscope to install the ring.) Then, follow the instructions above.
- For Telescopes, Binoculars, and Spotting Scopes
- Attach Your Phone
- NeXYZ works with regular phone cases, but you will need to remove " folio-style" cases. Extend the slider. Place your phone on the platform, making sure the bottom is touching the rubber base. Release the slider. Your phone is now secure and ready for imaging. If needed, you can make tension adjustments to keep the phone firmly in place; reference NexYZ Tension Adjustment Guide under Support & Downloads.
- Align and Shoot
- Open your camera app. Position your phone over the eyepiece using the X and Y axis knobs. Then, use the Z axis knob to move closer or further away from the eyepiece until you have achieved your desired framing. Finally, adjust the focus using the focuser on your optics and snap the image.
For further NexYZ Imaging Tips and Tricks, check out our knowledgeable base file here
Support & Downloads